Saturday, May 25, 2013

I am Not Going To Hate-Watch "Does Someone Have to Go"

There is this show that is apparently going to be on FOX and I can't even. I'm going to start with the title, though-"Does Someone Have to Go".  This is what you ask an insufficiently-trained toddler in order to discover whether potty-time is immanent. It is not what you ask people to understand whether someone should lose the job with which they pay their bills and support their families. Deep-down, I want this to be a hoax, like where the "millionaire" in "Who Wants to Marry a Millionaire?" wasn't an actual millionaire, and where it turns out that the punchline for people who wanted to watch some group of people fire somebody because they kind of think it will save all their jobs is that the show was designed just to see whether tv-watching folks at home have actually got quite enough schadenfreude regarding their fellow-workers to continue enjoying our disposable society. But I won't actually tune in because, feh. Watching cubical-rats turned into a literal feral rat-race is not my cup of post-work brain bleach.

Reality television should not try getting real.

No comments:

Post a Comment