Monday, September 13, 2010

Appropos the previous, Lady Gaga has Explained her Attire--

Lady Gaga Says She's "Not a Piece of Meat":

"If we don't stand up for what we believe in and if we don't fight for our rights, pretty soon we're going to have as much rights as the meat on our bones," Lady Gaga, 24, told talk show host Ellen DeGeneres on her TV program broadcast on Monday.

"And, I am not a piece of meat," she added.


There. That's been said. And I think she has a really great point there--we aren't just objects. We think, we feel, we want things--and we are too often objectified, carved into who we ought to be according to someone else's ideas of what our "select" parts are. That makes me say this: I am not your Filet Mignon. I am the whole heifer. And my happiness lies in kicking down human veal pens, personally.

That was insanely metaphorical. But I hope my drift carried.

Anyway, I stole fair-use "borrowed" this picture of Gaga hugging Cher, I love Cher. She's been like, a constant source of awesomeness for me, ever since the Sonny & Cher Show which I was riveted to as a kid, and I honestly sang along to her greatest hits like a weird loner throughout my adolescence, acting out karaoke-style performances. She is iconic and one of my favorite folks.



For what it's worth, I appreciate that Gaga represents all of her "little monsters". She's young, but her heart is totally in the right place--and no, not just a piece of meat.

No comments:

Post a Comment