Sunday, October 24, 2010

A neat Youtube Lesson! I'm teaching you things!

Okay, this is a thing I learned that I wanted to tell all my blogger friends about, so I put it on my Number 2 Blog that no one reads because I am a total ass and no one should like me. (You should love me.)

Are you tired of your embedded Youtube videos being of ginormous size so that they screw up your formatting and look like this:



Of course you hate that shit. It sucks. And it seems like most of your Youtube embeds used to fit just fine. That was because most of those earlier vids were posted with the size set to "width='480'" and "height= '385'".

Recently, more videos have been posted to Youtube with format of "width='640'" and "height='385'". But you can fix that to make your embed more blog friendly--here's what you do:

When you have copy-pasted your embed html, look at the end of the code where the size turns up:

allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385">....


See the "width" and "height" tags? You can fill in your own specs. I have found that width "475" and height "289" work out pretty well with most blog formats. You want to keep them in a consistent ratio so you don't elongate or widen the screen and distort the picture. The end result will be this:



See? Way better fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment