Sunday, February 9, 2014

I am Avowedly Hateful of This Olympics

Obviously, the big issue for me is the criminalization of homosexuality by the Putin government.


This is some heartbreaking stuff.

But did you know that Sochi was the site of a massacre about a hundred and fifty years ago? And that people were massively relocated to make this Olympic village happen? And that the previous residents couldn't even take their animals, so the very tame and amiable strays that are now alleged to be relocated also but are probably being killed, were pets?

I can have a giggle about the shambolic clusterfuckery  of the Potemkin-1st worldliness that is being fronted, here, but seriously, even the threat to the athletes from bad courses and accomodations is nothing compared to the human rights and animal rights abuses on display here.  Even the possibilty of terrorism is less disturbing to me.

I just can't say anything but "Screw this noise."

No comments:

Post a Comment