Sunday, February 2, 2014

You know--Screw Woody Allen

I know, in my heart, I think Woody Allen is a comedic genius and has even made some good movies. But seriously, fuck him.



I get it. Woody is an intellectual and an aesthete and why are we even talking about whether he fucked his own children? I dunno. Because comedy is easy, and if anyone was ever motivated to call him out on fucking them, well, that is hard--for the victims.

I like some of his movies and well, that is how it is. But what I think about all this is--Allen's children hate him. For some reason. I am going to believe them because kissing his ass would have been 100% better for them. But they can't. And I am bound to hear out victims. And I hear them. He had his benefit of the doubt his whole life. When I read what Dylan says, I don't disbelieve her.

He isn't shit to me,  now. Even if Deconstructing Harry was awesome in my book, I dunno. I don't think he has a good answer to this.

It shouldn't be so. But I do believe it because listening to victims and believing is necessary because why else would anyone come forward?

I cannot say her story is bullshit.  And I think he has always shunned answers because he has no good ones. So, I can't even think like my admiration for anything he's done artistically is any equal to his other ethical deficits.


No comments:

Post a Comment