Thursday, March 21, 2013

Momma's Got a Brand New Bag--or so...

Although it isn't really a "purse-purse" in the aesthetic fashion sense that that one would normally think of purses, the Blue Q shoulder tote actually holds up as a purse in the functional sense of looking cool and holding things. I am a "carrier of stuff" by nature: a big bag person. I've been carrying mine for about a week now, and can tell you it works as a purse because it is definitely capacious enough for my needs. The straps are long enough to rest comfortably on a shoulder while wearing a winter coat (still, alas, despite allegedly being spring, a necessity so far) and it has a pocket into which my automatic Chinese Laundry skull umbrella fits neatly. It has ample room for my wallet, cell phone holder, make-up case, zip-pouch of sundries (wet-wipes, hand gel, notebook, pens, etc.) lunch bag, and one folded "shopper" that I had to also purchase, also from Blue Q:

because I am totally in love with Carolyn Gavin's animal designs and I try to use my own bags instead of "paper or plastic" wherever I go. And I have even managed to shove in a water bottle and my Kindle, so what I'm saying is, if you are a pack beast like I am, this is not a bad way to go. The thin recycled plastic material is surprisingly tough and the zipper is usefully rugged. The woven material handles are not going anywhere nor breaking anytime soon.

So anyway, the bag was a sensible choice that definitely worked out. Also, the Letterpress design is pretty cool, especially if you like an old timey motif (I know I'm a sucker for "old-timey" packaging and advertising material--this reminds me of that).

No comments:

Post a Comment