Saturday, June 19, 2010

Check out this fanny pack--


Okay--I have a fashionista bent to me, which is why I needed to link to this picture of Louis Vuitton's version of the fanny pack. I copped the pic from here. There's a lot of bad things happening here--from the typical LV status-bag pattern, to the multi-colored touches here and there to add "interest--to the fact that this thing is mostly brown and pink, which means the designer of this bag hasn't the slightest idea what people wear fanny packs with.

I don't actually sport a fanny pack, myself--ever. First, it goes around the waist, and I am not a fancier of belts. But also--fanny? Okay, a fanny-bag doesn't need to drape the fanny (Ugg, why not say tush? Or rear? Or even ass? Arse-pack. Sounds lovelier already, doesn't it?) But where else should it go? The hip? How many ladies want their hips accentuated? Draping the lower abdomen? Who exactly wants a belly "drape?"

Truthfully, the fanny-pack is a functional item generally in use with sport clothing for joggers and speed-walkers, or other casual gear for people getting their "mall" on at low-end shopping venues. It's not really what you think of as a higher-end or status item. It should be understated, neutral, probably black and nylon, if it should even be done at all. This fanny pack is....simply wrong. I think it might be one of those high-heeled sneaker sort of things. You know--expensive irony. I can't really recommend it unless your income is commensurately humorous.

No comments:

Post a Comment