Sunday, April 10, 2011

I make things! These are booties I crocheted for myself!

I've been re-learning how to crochet. My grandmom taught me how to crochet maybe 25 years ago, but it's a skill I didn't really have a whole lot of use for. I started blankets, bags, a lot of projects, when I was younger, but I guess I just wasn't as interested in seeing things out to the end. Now, I feel a sense of accomplishment when I make something I really am satisfied with, and lately, I've been making booties.

I've made two pairs for my husband, and they were okay--the first pair I made, after about 20 years without even touching a crochet-needle, were overlarge, and I think I might want to see if some other, larger-footed male in my family has a use for them.  I made a slightly-better purple pair that my husband does use, and they were nice enough, but I had left over yarn from them, and then found a lavendar and white acrylic that was really soft and really cheap, and thought I'd make myself a pair. Because they were mine, I used the left-over purple yarn to make a detail at the ankle and  pretty flowers that I fastened on with more of the lavendar yarn. I think they turned out pretty nice (although I still seem to be making my projects "big"--they are a tiny bit loose. ) Anyway--random thing! Made by me! I'm kind of proud of them! Yay, crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment